CUTE AND CORNY MUFFINS
CUTE & CORNY MUFFINS
Once again, I am posting a recipe from my wonderful Aunt Josie. She made the most out-of-this-world deeee-lish-ous corn muffins. I just added my little “tweak” with the little hearts on top ( for Valentine’s Day). You can bake these in little paper cupcake cups if you like, but it’s not necessary. My hubby is a HUGE corn muffin fan and he totally loves these; so you know they are good!
2 cups flour
1 cup corn meal
1 1/4 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Soften butter to room temperature. Place it in a large mixing bowl. With electric mixer gradually add sugar to butter and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time until well incorporated.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and corn meal. Stir together milk and vanilla.
3. Start by adding a little flour mixture to the butter mixture in the large bowl. Mix well and then alternate the milk mixture and the flour mixture, beating well after each addition, until everything is in the large bowl.
4. Fill muffin tins with paper cups, if using.
5. Spoon corn muffin batter into the cups, about halfway full.
6. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 18 muffins.
7. Just for fun, I added a little raspberry jam on top and pulled the tip of a paring knife through to make a heart-shape.